New York Yankees ...



Now I don't know about you guys but I've watched many American movies in my time, and they have all taught me one thing ... American's sure do love their sports!! Particularly that of Baseball, they go crazy for it! So when in America we decided there was only one thing to do, check out all the hype surrounding the sport, embrace our titles as tourists and follow our new found Americaness! 


Starting location; New Haven ... a long two hour drive later and we arrived at none other than thee Yankee Stadium! Security at the stadium was on a level I had never seen before in the UK, the police presence was extremely heavy! Whole roads were shut down, each officer held enormous fully loaded firearms and flashing lights could be seen in every direction! Im not gonna lie to ya it all made me feel kinda uneasy and constantly on edge, but I guess it was reassuring to know safety was taken seriously. However I will never be happy about having to bin my suncream on the first day... £14.99 that P20 cost me!! I was highly devastated!

So sports ain't really my thing, I'll be honest with you I wasn't exactly sure what was going on at first! Using my knowledge of Baseball from watching High School Musical, a comparison to English rounders and a full debriefing from J, I got the hang of it in the end! Strangely even if you don't have a damn clue what's happening, it is still one of the most amazing experiences! From fast food stalls, Bars and gift shops, Yankee Stadium really does have it all! Armed with a free pint, chicken strips, my best friend on one side and my boyfriend on the other everything felt perfect! With smiles all round, no cares in the world and everyone shouting "Chicken Bucket", it was a night I will never forget!














No comments